Monday, August 22, 2011

Death Cab Concert - He Said

Vilate and i went to go see Death Cab For Cutie August 19th at the Greek Theater.



They are one of the bands I had always wanted to see, the other band being the Cure who I saw in 2008 which was very awesome.


Vilate had mixed feelings about going. She enjoys the band but wasn't to sure about the whole concert experience. I was able to get her more excited to go when we found out that the lead singer Ben Gibbard, was married to Zooey Deschanel.


Zooey has been in movies such as Elf and 500 Days of Summer. She also sings and performs in a band called She and Him.

I was a little concerned because up until the show started I had been feeling sick the entire week. I almost passed out at dinner before the show. Luckily I got to take a quick nap before it started.



The show started out with a band called Frightened Rabbit. They were very fun.


Death Cab For Cutie came on and it was amazing! It was very fun to see one of my favorite bands play.



It was a very exciting show with lots of lively and upbeat songs. It was also fun to hear Ben Gibbard share some background of a few of the songs. It made me appreciate some of the songs more.



It was a fantastic evening I got to spend with my wife. She was a good sport to come with me. I even got some sweet hat hair afterwards from my beanie.

1 comment:

  1. So I am really late on this post but...I am going to comment anyway. Yea! I have 4 things to say about this. #1. I respect that you like The Cure but clearly their best song is "Close To Me." Sidenote, I can't support Southpark because it's creators wrote that Broadway play that makes fun of the only true church on the earth. However their Robert Smith Vs. Barbra Streisand Monster is extremely funny. Moving on...#2. I didn't know about the whole Ben Gibbard/Zooey Dechanel hookup. Thanks for that. #3. Frightened Rabbit's best song is called "Nothing Like You". Just FYI. And #4. Your wife is wonderful. That's all.

    ReplyDelete