Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Campers

Oh Girl's Camp... here I am all bright eyed the first day on my oh-so-comfy bottom bunk. This lady and I stayed with the 3rd level girls.


I didn't sleep too well the first night. Our stake is big into 'pranks' while at camp. I didn't know exactly what that entailed so with that on my mind, mixed with the fact that I am already not a camper, made it so that I woke up at any little sound not knowing if I would find this staring at me:



Or just a girl in a sleeping bag that looks like this (notice the girl in the mouth on the right):


Luckily, there were no bear sightings, but I did see one of these two different times:



The first time was with a group of girls that did the obligatory screaming and once it turned away from their direction they insisted that it was cute.

I think cute looks more like:


Our first night they did something called a "Snipe Hunt", which is an initiation of the first year girls who are 12. We all go looking for a 'snipe' and one of the older girls pretends to get bitten by one. Then ALL the 12-year-olds are then crying, hyperventilating and traumatized for life. Toothpaste on the face was part of the ritual and this girl went all out. She also begged me to walk with her to her cabin because if we did run into a snipe she would just tell it to eat me instead of her because I "have more meat on my bones".

The girls in my ward after my first devotional. As you can see, Anna, wearing the crown (which was part of the camp theme) was really impressed.

Testimony night with the YW presidency:


I'm the 3rd shortest:


Our time with our Bishop:


It was during his devotional that Kurt came! He came up Friday for the testimony meeting and slept over (in the boy cabin) in order to help me get all 7 of our girls home on Saturday. It was the longest we've been apart since being married. It sucked. I didn't get any pictures of us at camp so here's a couple Grandpa Olsen took while we were in Oregon in their backyard last summer. They are as close to camping as Kurt and I come. It's good to be home.


No comments:

Post a Comment